I love ginger, he loves bananas! so we both really like these banana gingerbread bites! I like to bake these in my mini muffin pan, they turn out really cute and are perfectly bite-size. A nice “something sweet” to take to a holiday party!
2 Cup Light Spelt Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/2 Tsp. Baking Soda
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1 1/2 Tsp. Dry Ginger
1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg
1/2 Cup Palm Sugar
1/2 Cup Molasses
3 Very Ripe Bananas (mashed)
1/4 Cup Boiling Water
1/4 Cup Coconut oil
1-2 Tsp. Fresh Ginger (finely grated)
1. Line the mini muffin pan with unbleached muffin liners. Preheat the oven to 325 F.
2. Sift the dry ingredients together in a large mixing bowl.
3. Slightly beat the eggs in another mixing bowl. Add molasses, palm sugar and grated ginger and beat until very well combined.
4. Mash the bananas well with the back of a fork in a bowl. Add the boiling water and coconut oil and mix really well.
5. Add the the banana mixture to the egg mixture and combine well.
6. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and beat really well until completely smooth.
5. Fill the cup liners and bake for 15-20 minutes in the centre rack of the oven. Cool on a wire rack and enjoy! 🙂
Makes 36 mini-muffin bites.