3/4 Cup White Basmati Rice (uncooked , cook according to package instruction)
1 Lb. Ground Venison
2 Medium Carrots
2 Celery Stalks
1 Clove Garlic (crushed)
2 Tbsp Finely Chopped Parsley
2 Tbsp Red Palm Oil (or Coconut Oil)
3/4 Cup Chicken Broth (or Water)
2 Tsp. Ground Cinnamon
2 Tsp. Tumeric
1/4 Tsp Ground Saffron
1 Tsp. Herbes de Provence
1/2 Tsp. Pink Himalayan Salt
Freshly Ground Pepper (to taste)
1. Start by cooking your rice according to package instructions.
2. Wash and finely dice the carrots and celery stalks.
3. Add the oil to a large skillet and brown the ground venison. Once the venison is brown and completely crumbled, add carrots/celery/garlic and spices and stir. Cook uncovered over high heat for about 2-3 mins.
4. Add the broth (or water) and stir. Cover the skillet and cook on medium-high heat for about 20 minutes or until most liquid is absorbed (but not to dry!).
5. Add the cooked rice and stir. Turn off the heat, add the chopped parsley and mix until all ingredients are thoroughly mixed. Enjoy!
I like to serve this with a big green salad and some minted sheep yogurt!