The recipe I am sharing with you today is my (our) favourite go-to pancake recipe. I’ve made these pancakes many many times and they always come out perfect and fluffy. And did I mention it’s gluten-free and dairy-free? 😉 I serve these with a combination of different seasonal fruits, home-made jams and/or maple syrup. Hope you make and enjoy these pancakes as much as we do!
1 Cup Fine White Rice Flour
1/2 Cup Sorghum Flour
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1/4 Tsp. Salt
1/4 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp. Nutmeg or Cardamom Powder
2 Eggs (room temperature)
1 Cup Warm Water
2 Very Ripe Bananas (mashed)
1 Tbsp Coconut oil (melted)
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
1 Tsp. Vanilla
1. Whisk together all the “dry” ingredients in a mixing bowl.
2. In a separate larger mixing bowl beat the eggs. Then add all the other “wet” ingredients to the egg and mix to combine well.
3. Add the “dry” mix to the “wet” and again mix very well until you have a smooth batter (don’t over-beat).
4. Heat a skillet on over medium heat and add some coconut oil (or ghee) to completely coat the bottom of the pan.
5. Add 1/4 cup scoops of the batter to the pan (don’t over crowd the pan) and fry the pancakes for 3-5 minutes. You know they are ready to be flipped when bubbles start to appear on the surface. Flip the pancakes and fry the other side for additional 2-3 minutes.
6. Set aside the cooked pancakes and start with the new batch (you might have to add a bit more coconut oil).
NOTE: I always heat my oven on 300F and put the cooked pancakes in the oven until it’s all done to keep the pancakes warm until they are ready to be served.
7. Layer the pancake with some seasonal fruits (berries, peach, stewed apple, kiwi fruit, …, just use your imagination!), home-made jams and/or maple syrup. Enjoy 🙂
Makes about 12 pancakes.