- 1 cup Light Spelt Flour
- 1/4 cup Buckwheat Flour
- 1/4 cup Brown Rice Flour (or Sorghum)
- 3/4 Tsp. Baking Powder
- 3/4 Tsp. Baking Soda
- 1/4 Tsp. Fine Himalayan Salt
- 1/2 Tsp. Cinnamon
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cardamom
- 2 Eggs
- 1/4 cup Virgin Coconut Oil (liquefied)
- 1/2 cup Maple Syrup
- 1 Tbsp. Vanilla
NOTE: Make sure all the ingredients are in room temperature and not cold, otherwise the coconut oil will solidify!
- 2 cups shredded zucchini and carrot (I used 1/2 x-large zucchini and 2 small carrots
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 2-4 chopped large medjool dates
NOTE: Make sure to queeze out all of the liquid from the zucchinis before adding to the mixture otherwise you will end up with soggy muffins!)
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a large mixing bowl, whisk all the dry ingredients.
3. In another mixing bowl thoroughly mix the wet ingredients.
4. Add the wet ingredients to the dry and thoroughly mix.
5. Finally, add the add-ins to the mixture and stir until well combined.
6. Scoop the dough into 9 muffin tins lined with paper liners and bake in the oven for 12-15 minutes or until the top is slightly golden and a toothpick inserted in the centre of a muffin comes out clean. Remove the muffins and place on a cooling rack to cool. Enjoy while warm or store in air-tight container.