These healthy baked oatmeal cups are my go-to workday breakfast. I usually bake a batch (12 cups) on weekends, freeze the cooled cups on a tray in a single layer, and store them in a large freezer bag. Then on week days before I go to bed I take 3 cups ( 1.5 per person) out of the freezer and let them thaw overnight in the fridge. In the morning I warm up the cups in 225F oven for 20 minutes, by the time we are done with our morning routines our breakfast is ready! 😀 I usually serve these cups with a small portion of cheese and some fresh fruit.
1 Cup Quick Oats (Certified Gluten Free if needed)
2 Cups Rolled Oats (Certified Gluten Free if needed)
1/2 Cup Almond Flour
1-2 Tsp. Cinnamon
1/2 Tsp. Salt
1 Tsp. Baking Powder
1 Cup Milk or yogurt (I use Sheep Milk or buffalo yogurt, you can also use rice/almond/coconut milk for dairy free option)
1/2 Cup sugar-free applesauce
1 Large Very Ripe Banana (mashed)
2 Large Egg (lightly beaten)
1/4 Cup Maple Syrup
1 – 1/2 Cup Mixed Berries (I usually use a mix of wild-blueberry and raspberry)
Note: If you use frozen berries like me, let the berries thaw for an hour before you start.
1. Preheat the oven to 350F. Line a 12-cup muffin pan with unbleached paper liners.
2. Whisk all the wet ingredients in a large mixing bowl until thoroughly combined.
3. Combine all the dry ingredients in a separate mixing bowl.
4. Add the “dry” mix to the “wet” and mix until everything is well combined.
5. Fold in the berries and mix well.
6. Let the oatmeal mixture sit for half an hour to let the oatmeal soak some of the moisture.
7. Fill the lined muffin cups using an ice-cream scoop.
8. Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes. Take out of the oven and let them cool on a wire rack.
Makes a dozen oatmeal cups.